Sunday, October 9, 2011

at last

After Mare had given me the base ingredient I was completely jazzed to work with it, hoping for the first time in a long while. Unfortunately, Mom kept me busy with the family the whole week so I had to wait until the weekend. Ok, even on the weekend I wasn't supposed to be at my lab table but I got up at 2am, before anyone else even Gold Mist, and snuck down to my lab table to work.

Creak. Ho-dingle berry some one's there! I stood still as a frozen gummy worm for two whole minutes until I was sure no one besides me was up and moving. I quickly pulled on my lab coat and goggles and got down to work.

I was actually alone for once as Violet was asleep in her doll form. It was a rare thing for me to really be by myself these days. I was always observed by someone; Mom, Downy, Wisteria, Dad, but mostly Violet herself. Not that I minded always having her around, really that was the thing I loved the most. I can depend on her to always be there for me and she always no what to do and what not to do when she's around me. She knows when I need a sympathetic ear or when I just need someone there to sit with me. That's one of the things I love about her.... not love j-just friend-love and... yeah.

At what I guessed was around 5am, A cloud of colorful smoke puffed from the chemical concoction and in that smoke was the image of a girl's face. I had never seen her before but upon looking into the smoke girl's eyes, I knew it was Violet. I did it... I made the potion!



I changed back out of my lab wear and waited for everyone else to wake up, too excited to actually go back to sleep. I did however take the time to think back on my life, thus far. Making Violet real will change everything, I'll no longer have to worry that I'm some lunatic talking to a hallucination. Everything will be different.

When life was young

and all was clear

not much to fear

besides the monsters under your bed

but as you get older
the world's like a boulder
ready to fall right down on your head

when life was young.

At about 8:30 everyone was awake. I couldn't wait, so before they could even get breakfast I had summoned everyone to the front hall. Downy was a little miffed that she couldn't head right out to the slip n' slide but the others just looked at the strange brown liquid in my grasp. They of course couldn't see Violet, who stood right in front of them, but they would soon.
Violet was a bit wary of drinking the strange chemical and looked at me apprehensively. "Trust me." I urged, handing over the potion.
She chugged it down and soon a cloud of light captured her. Every one's attention wavered from me to the growing cloud of light in front of them, shock spread wide over their faces.
Adrenaline pumped hard and fast through me as I waited for the light to die down and show her.

Soon enough it did and the first thing I did was grab her in my arms and spin her around. As her feet touched the ground again I pulled her in close and kissed her.
I knew that I loved her and I was finally ready to accept that, I just hoped that she could too.



That evening I sat out on the porch just looking up at the stars and thinking. I heard the careful foot steps of Violet before she sat down next to me. We sat in silence for what seemed like an eternity before she said something. "Stop worrying, Drover, I love you too."
My eyes popped wide open and I looked over at her. She giggled before explaining. "Since I come from your mind I'm in tune with it."
"You can read my mind?!" I croaked making her laugh harder. "No, no. More like empathy." I sighed in relief before pulling her in close to my side.
A bright beam of light caught my eye. "Look, Vi! A shooting star." She smiled wide and lay her head against my shoulder. "Do you think its good luck?"
I thought for a moment before answering. "I sure hope so,"

--------

So so sorry it took forever for this update! life has been really chaotic and kinda crappy but the update is out! WOO!
and also, a good pic of Violet Umber~


2 comments: