Wednesday, December 7, 2011

short: surprise

I had moved in with Heliotrope almost a year ago, much to Daddy's chagrin. Not that he didn't like Helio, he just didn't like his babies growing up.
Unlike many of the other houses on the street ours had an unobstruced view of the sky. It was especially beautiful at night when all of the stars were out.
As was usual now, I was sitting on the front lawn stargazing when Helio came out to join me.

He sat silently next to me, gazing at the side of my face with a smile starting to spread across his.

He rested his hand on mine, and I felt something hard yet cool between our hands.
It took me a moment, but when I realized what lay between our hands my face dropped in complete shock.

"So," He said slyly. "will you marry me?"

"Of course I will!" I squeaked like a mouse.

"In fact," Now I was the sly one, whispering in his ear. "I think we should get married right now."
"Are you sure that's what you want?"
"Positive."

-----
A very short short.

No comments:

Post a Comment