Saturday, May 28, 2011

big boy now

For about a month now Mom and Dad avoided each other, and when they couldn't they pretended to ignore each other. They had told us from the beginning what was going on, that Daddy did "Mommy and Daddy stuff" with another lady, Ms. Cupid. I only knew here name because I over heard Dad telling the babysitter, a high schooler who had her as a teacher, what was causing all the tension in the house.
I took care of Mom and the twins helped when they could. I made sure she ate and took care of herself and got to work on time, but it didn't help. She wasn't our normal Mommy. Her pink eyes were flat at lifeless and she would spend hours laying on her bed crying.
On the times when she would cry herself to sleep I would walk in a flip the lights on. I would wait for her to react. She never did. So  I would say "I still love you, Mommy." Turn the lights back off and close the door behind me.
Dad wasn't doing too much better but he would take care of us and himself but mostly us. I had to make sure he ate enough too, 'cause sometimes he would only make enough dinner for me and the twins and just sit there with one of us on his lap while we ate.
My little sisters handled things in their own way.
Genoa got wrapped up in her weird vampire book she was writing.
And Biloba would watch Dr. Dill for hours and hours. She thought that if she watched it enough she would be like Dr. Dill and be able to fix Mom and Dad.  didn't have the heart to tell her it wouldn't work like that.

One day Ms. Carissma came to the house. Mom answered the door and Ms. Car was mortified. "Um..I-I need to talk with you and Merlot if that's okay." Mom's eyes widened and she knew what Ms. Car needed to talk about. I didn't though so I looked back and forth at them, completely confused.
Turns out that Ms. Car was pregnant. They broke that news to us after she left.
"Wait a minute. How are babies made?" Bi-baby Flower asked with her face scrunched up in thought. Me and Genny sat on either side of her and we both elbowed her in the stomach. "Not the best time for that!" I hissed to her. She blushed. "Oh. Sorry."
Mom gave her a weak, teary smile. "It's okay, sweetie. But you're a little to young to understand it now."
Bi-baby nodded her head solemnly. "Okay, Mommy."
The next day while, Mommy was at work, Dad gathered us in the living room to talk. "I want you kids to know that just because Ms.Carissma and I are having a baby doesn't mean I don't love you three and your Mommy." Dad looked like he was close to crying but held it back. I sat with my book while he said this, he had already spoken to me last night but he didn't want to make the twins feel like they had been left out.

"We know, Daddy." Genoa looked up at him with a sad smile. "And we still love you."
"Yeah, we just don't like you very much." Biloba said. She never did know how to edit her words. Genoa glared at her. "I-I mean we just aren't happy with what you did." She corrected herself.
Dad looked shocked at my sisters' words, he told me he expected it would be harder for them to still love him because they were younger.

"Yeah Dad, we still love you." I stood to put away my book. "But you're gonna hafta do something pretty spectacular to make Mom love you again." I shrugged and left the room, leaving Dad very puzzled. ---------
Since I have pictures for a good chunk of chapters these will be coming out fast, so hopefully another one tomorrow ☺

4 comments:

  1. OMB! such precious little kiddies! ;~;

    you reeeally messed up good this time, Lo... (though that face he's pulling in the last panel I just jskjfgjhg##!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. <33333 Lo baby don't make that face. I am gonna die over here u.u

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Lo don't make that face <333

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much guys!
    Lo made that face all on his own while Genoa was talking to him too, I almost blew a gasket ;___;

    ReplyDelete