Sunday, May 29, 2011

change

The silent months flew by. Nothing really changed, Mom and Dad still avoided each other. But one thing did change. Everyday after I finished my homework Dad and I would brainstorm ideas for some dramatic show of affection for Mom. Most, of course, were scrapped not far into the planning process.
It had been almost a year now and Dad was getting desperate. Plus Ms. Car's baby would be born soon. I don't know why but Dad felt it was important that he proved his love for Mom before the baby was born.
So I recruited the twins to help come up with something.
"You shoulda came to us in the first place, Dad." Bi-baby said this and Dad looked concerned. "I mean, really, Mare's got a horrible imagination!" Dad started laughing, relieved and mussled up her hair, to her annoyance.

The girls came up with an awesome plan only a day after recruiting them.

Dad and I were in the back yard, me playing chess and Dad playing guitar.
"You really should go with You and me by Berryhouse." I said casually.
"Ya think so?"
"Pft! Totally! If ya wanna win back Mom ya gotta use somethin' better than some whiny old man song!"
Dad laughed and finally agreed, after some debate that eventually included the twins, to use my song.
For the next few weeks the girls and I would listen to dad practice the song. I would watch him play with a big grin on my face. And the girls would cry and smile. Don't know why they were crying but, whatever they're girls.
Finally the day came, Dad felt he was ready to perform.
We grabbed mom off the sofa and told her we had an awesome trick to show her on the trampoline. We pulled her out back. And before she could start heading to the trampoline she saw Dad on the art platform with his guitar and lights set up around him (We set up the lights).
Once he saw her he started playing.

"What day is it? And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up and I can't back down
I've been losing so much time

'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all other people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

One of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping on words
You've got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here"

Mom walked in a daze up to the platform, tears forming in her eyes.
"'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all other people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

There's something about you now
I can't quite figure out
Everything she does is beautiful
Everything she does is right

'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all other people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you
and me and all other people with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all other people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

What day is it?
And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive ..."
Dad set his guitar down and they both looked at each other for a while with wet eyes before dad said. "You're the only one I see, Ana."
Mom slowly but surely stepped onto the platform with Dad and pulled him into a kiss.
Normally I would have said "eeeewwww" but now I was happy to see them kiss.
The twins and I clapped and cheered from the deck and they smiled at us before kissing again.




That next month Mom started bonding with Ms. Carissma. They shared pregnancy stories and we got to hangout with her awesome new boyfriend, Cello. Also Ms. Car quit teaching and started writing books, she talked to Genoa about it and they would talk about their stories.
At the end of that month, Ms. Car went into labor.
We sat in the waiting room with our baby sitter (Bi-baby didn't mind that at all -gag-) and Mom, Dad, and Mr. Cello were in the delivery room with Ms. Car.
A berry of a long time later we got to meet our new half-sister, Wisteria Orchid.
Also We had to take ten minutes to explain to the girls why she was a half-sister and assure them that it was a whole baby.
They, Ms. Car and Mr. Cello, took the baby home that afternoon. Wisty would be living with them but we would get to see her a lot.

I think Mr. Cello loved Wisty just as much as Dad. I don't understand how someone could love a poopy baby that much.
Wisty got big really quick, too. She was more fun when she got bigger, she didn't drool as much.

Yeah, I guess she was pretty cool for a baby.
--------
Cello, of course belongs to Berry. <3
also more spammage of the Spouse drive XD

1 comment: