Thursday, July 14, 2011

a whole new world

I've always had a very active imagination as a child. So much so that Mom often worried about me. At one point when I was 6 she took me to see a child behavioral therapist. We didn't go to see them very long though, Mom got offended and stopped taking me when the lady questioned Mom and Dad's ability to parent.
After that Mom just accepted my imagination more or less. She always worried about my relationship with Violet Umber, but she just let me be me for a long while.
When Mom found out she was pregnant she talked to me about it.
"Honey, are you sure you're alright with it?" She was really concerned. "Yeah, Momma, 'course I'm alright with it."
She fidgeted a bit and looked away. "Your Mom's just worried because you've been the youngest for awhile, until now." Dad explained
I smiled at Dad. "But now I get to be a big brother! It's gonna be fun." Dad smiled proudly at me and messed up my hair.

It was really interesting to see Mom pregnant. Of course this is when I had just been informed of the 'Berries and the Bees' so I made a habit of watching Mom's stomach and poking at it.
I had also noticed a change in Mom. She had become obsessed with cleaning while she was pregnant.
The maid didn't like it though, since Mom would get in her way and critique her cleaning. It was so funny to watch though.


After the first few months it felt like she was pregnant forever! Genny said that was because I was so excited to meet the new baby.
"Wisty why does a baby have to be in there for 9 months? Can't it come out sooner?" I whined to Wisteria one day.
"Well, it needs to develop fully. If it comes out now it'll probably look like some weird mutant chicken." She gave a shrug and went back to texting London. My eyes went wide as her words sunk in. Then I ran to Mom in the kitchen and put my arms around her stomach, my cheek smooshed against her belly so the baby could hear me. "Don't come out yet baby! I'll wait! Just don't be a mutant chicken!" Mom was surprised by my out burst but quickly eyed Wisteria in the living room who blushed and gave a guilty smile.

I was 11 when the baby was born. The doctors had mom come in and delivered the baby by C-section (which I later learned what that meant and wasn't very happy about it). Mom had a baby boy, they named him Gold Mist Pinot Noir.
Gold got my old crib and had to stay in Mom and Dad's room since the crib couldn't fit in our room. It was really funny to see Dad talking to little Gold.

I made sure to tell Violet all about Gold and she really wanted to hold him.
"Why can't you hold him,Vi?" I was really confused, if I could hold him so could she, right?
"No one else can see me , remember?"
"But you can still hold him!" She shook her round head 'no' then stuck her plush arm through my desk, neither her arm nor the desk had been affected by the interaction. My eyes went wide.
"B-b-ut you're real right?" I sputtered, starting to question my own sanity then.
She gave the best of a smile she could. "No... not yet anyway."
"N-n-not yet? Then w-when will you be real?" She shrugged then thought carefully about her response.
"All I know is that there is a potion that'll make me real... I don't know what goes in it though."
A frown sunk the corners of my mouth then, tears clouding my eyes. No. I won't be crying. Not when there are problems to be solved. I wiped the tears away and vowed then and there that I would make her real.

From that day on I worked my hardest to crack the formula to make Violet real.Mom got after me a few times for neglecting Scouts and the mushroom that grew on me(AKA Gold). Eventually Scouts were over and  I was able to dedicate myself more to discovering the formula.
No matter what, I will make her real.
--------

sorry that took so long, I had to force myself off my lazy butt <3

No comments:

Post a Comment