Monday, January 23, 2012

Consequences

As part of the Homes for the Homeless program, once a month someone from the agency would drop by, unannounced, to check on Cosmo. This was no big deal until Cosmo and I started dating. We were so worried and unsure of what would happen if the agency found out that we put on the charade of our relationship being purely platonic whenever a representative dropped by.

One day, while I was working on a painting at home, I heard a knock at the door. This mildly concerned me since just last week an agency rep dropped by.


Hesitantly I opened the door to be greeted by a dapper yellow woman.


"Good afternoon Ms. Firework. My name is Topaz Star. I am the director of the Applesauce Plains branch of Homes for the Homeless. It has come to my attention that you have engaged in a romantic relationship with your charge, Mr. Leaf. Is this correct?"


Her all business attitude frightened me and I started stumbling over my words. "Um, well...I...I ..he... um..yes?"


Ms. Star made a sound of displeasure. "Well, since that is the case we will have to relinquish our ties to both you and Mr. Leaf. He is all yours Ms. Firework." With that she turned sharply on her heel and left.

___________

When Cosmo got home that evening I had the pleasure of informing him of the visit we received this afternoon . Before I could say anything he greeted me with a kiss like he always does when he gets home.


"What's wrong, love?" He asked after we parted. I nibbled on my lip. "Well, the director of Homes for the Homeless came by earlier. She found out that we were together. Y'know, together together. S-so they cut all ties with us." I peeked up at him.


"Oh... did you want me to leave?" He sounded so heartbroken.
"No! Of course not! I love you, Cosmo, I'm not going to kick you out just because you're not part of the program any more."


He sighed with relief. "Then we'll be fine, Peppy."

___________

Short chapter!

Now for another

I'm pretty sure that's not something your OBGYN would recommend...

2 comments:

  1. Stinks that he was booted from the program but it seems to be okay.

    Now about that guitar...lol. I noticed some odd clipping during Vi's pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yeah she's very direct with her musical influence.

    ReplyDelete