Thursday, January 19, 2012

New Begining


From the journal of Peppermint Firework:

I am going to start this with one of the most cliche ways possible. 
My name is Peppermint Firework and this is my story....
Cliche right?

Anyhow onto the story. My cat Candy Cane and I had moved to Applesauce Plains almost 5 months ago and still, I knew no one. I was obsessed with earning a living with my painting that I didn't really go out to meet people.

I saw a commercial on TV with Waterlily Chiffon promoting one of the many non-profit organizations the Chiffon family funds. This one was Homes for the Homeless a program where people offered their homes up to others in need. This seemed like a great way for me to meet people and help someone.

So I called them up and was matched with a a homeless person that they thought would do best in the environment I provided. When they said his name was Cosmo Leaf, I was a bit worried. What will it be like to have some strange man in my house? How awkward will it be? Can I do this?


Well I made a commitment so I'll see it through.

_______

Several weeks later, Cosmo was due to arrive. I had repainted the house with some green so he'd feel more comfortable here and that whole morning I was puttering around the house making sure everything was perfect but not too perfect since I didn't want to make him feel inadequate.


I was a ball of nerves by the time he and one of the workers from Homes for the Homeless came.

I was immediately greeted with a bear hug and thousands upon thousands of 'thank yous' and 'you are wonderfuls'. After he was finished gushing he must have noticed that my cheeks were the same color as my lipstick. He offered me a warms smile and said "Sorry 'bout that, I'm just very grateful." He let out a small chuckle.
 In the midst of inwardly fawning over his smile, The worker stepped in and informed me of everything I needed to know about the program and Cosmo.

_________

Throughout the next few months that Cosmo lived with me we had formed a bond. It felt like he was my instant BFF. We both loved the arts, just different forms of art. Where as I loved painting, Cosmo loved playing the guitar. So I got him one.


He was wonderful with my dear fur-baby, Candy Cane. Candy had been getting lonely and Cosmo gave her all the affection she could want.


But when the day came that he got a job, we knew she would be lonely during the days since Cosmo was working at the theatre and I at my studio.


 
So we decided to get her a friend. I let Cosmo pic out the new kitty since he never had a cat. That day we brought home Temple, a little green boy kitty for Candy to pal around with.


They became fast friends and play mates. So much so that Candy hardly paid attention to anyone else but Temple.


________

Since I had open hours and Cosmo worked nights, our friendship became closer and closer. Often I would ditch finishing a piece so that we could watch movies together.

But that particular time something was different. I had to keep fighting off the impulse to ....kiss him. Weird.


Apparently he didn't feel like fighting it.


___________
I hope you have enjoyed the first chapter of my new DITFT rainbowacy ♥

and now for another



Cosmo got into a groove for a while so of course I took way too many pics, this is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment